About this product
Part Number: DSZG-Quark
Daystar Quark Gemini Hydrogen Alpha Filter
Daystar Quark Gemini features both Prominence and Chromosphere bandpass filters for instant slide-action switching between views.
Now, observers can enjoy the best of both options in one easy to use tool with no equipment swapping or refocusing of any kind.
Simply push the slider arm side to side (like in an eye exam) to see the broad stroked prominences of wider bandpass, then the high contrast of narrow bandpass.
For use on refractors of F/4 to F/8**. No need to worry about configurations; just insert in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view.
The patent pending QUARK* contains a custom Daystar Instruments 4.2X telecentric barlow lens fully optimized in coatings and optical design specifically for the Hydrogen Alpha wavelength. This highly specialized telecentric lens offers superior field flatness.
Exact filter bandpass will vary depending on final telescope application, so QUARK* assemblies are qualified with one element to show best prominences and the other to show best surface contrast (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated.
Outreach astronomers can use the prom / chrom switch to demonstrate different features. Imagers can do the same to create comparison images without needing to change equipment or refocus.
Daystar's new fully optimised design eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs. They have also reduced power consumption so the Quark* can operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional battery pack. Integrated baffles increase contrast and AR optical coatings are optimised for the 656nm wavelength.
Ships in a sturdy watertight equipment case for dust & humidity-free storage.
*The QUARK* assembly is a product of DayStar Instruments, using DayStar Filters' Fabry Perot etalon technology.
** QUARK Filters may be used at shorter and longer focal ratios than recommended. F-ratios of F/9 and higher will offer a dimmer visual view and may only be bright enough for photographic applications. F-ratios of less than F/4 will be brighter, but also widen the effective FWHMÂ bandpass performance of the QUARK filter.
- Contains TWO separate Fabry Perot Etalon elements which may be shifted safely via push-pull into view
- A hand-matched pair of narrower (<0.5Å FWHM) and wider (>0.6Å FWHM) etalons shall be SE grade and independently tuneable
- Ships with male combo 1.25" or 2.0" combo eyepiece snouts with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal
- Ships with standard 1.25 female eyepiece drawtube output. Optional interchangeable 2" and SCT accessories are available
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece
- Uses USB power, 5v 2.0amp
- Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Two tuning knobs allow wing shifting +/- 0.5Ã with detents at every 0.1Ã
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault
- 5 year warranty
- Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X barlow optimized for 656nm.
- Integrated 12mm blocking filter
- 22mm clear filter aperture
- Best performance with F/4 - F/8 refractors
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~450mm focal length refractors
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
- Ships in watertight pelican style equipment case for dust & humidity-free storage.
- Not suited for off-axis application
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.