About this product
Secondary Mirror Heater for 8" or 12" Newtonian Telescopes
A convenient solution to dew and ice forming on your secondary mirror.
Easy to fit and very effective. - everything you need is supplied.
Simply plug the RCA/phono plug into your 12V dew heater controller when fitted.
"At the end of the night, everything was dripping wet (including the laptop!), but the secondary mirror was perfectly dry!! So in my book, that is a resounding success!" - Steve Oates, astrophotographer.
Currently, we have two sizes available:
- 70 x 50mm oval mirror as found in 8" telescopes such as Skywatcher 200P and Celestron 8-N
- 100 x 70 mm oval mirror as found in 12" Newtonians
What's in the box
- Secondary heater PCBA
- 50cm cable with female RCA connector
- 1.5m male to male extension cable to plug into dew controller
- Thermally conductive double-sided tape to fit PCBA to back of mirror
- Black insulating tape to fix the cable to the support vanes
- Current on 12V continuous: 250mA
- Power on 12V continuous: 3W
- Dimensions (70-50): 60mm x 50mm
- Dimensions (100-70): 80mm x 70mm
- Central suppoert: 35mm
- Cable length 50cm plus an included / detachable 1.5m extension cable
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.