About this product
Part Number: 23090-CGL
The Celestron Nexstar 102 SLT Maksutov is a computerised GoTo telescope with high quality, high contrast Maksutov-Cassegrain optics.
Observe details on the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, polar caps on Mars, Jupiter and its four moons, Saturn with its rings and much more!
Can be powered by 8 AA (user supplied) batteries or a suitable AC adapter or portable power-tank. This telescope loves to travel! The ergonomically designed hand control can be removed from its holder for remote use or left in situ for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object, or simply know if a desired object is visible in the sky.
Quick and Easy to Setup
Supplied with pre-assembled, adjustable stainless steel tripod and quick-release fork arm and optical-tube-assembly for quick and easy setup. No tools required!
Celestron’s Revolutionary SkyAlign
Using Celestron’s patented SkyAlign (patent pending), simply input the date, time and location into the hand control then slew the telescope to any three bright celestial objects in the sky. You do not need to know the names of the stars, you can even select the Moon or bright planets!
KEY ADVANTAGES OVER COMPETING TELESCOPES
- SkyAlign - the simplest, fastest & most beginner friendly alignment method available on any computerised telescope.
- Four additional alignments including 1 star align and solar system align
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories
- PC control software INCLUDED
- Sky Maps CD-ROM INCLUDED
- GPS module compatible
- User friendly StarPointer red-dot finderscope
- Compatible with Celestron’s NexRemote for advanced PC control
- Internal battery compartment - no external corded battery pack
- High quality 102mm Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Good for terrestrial and celestial observing
- Includes CD-ROM The Sky Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
COMPUTERISED MOUNT FEATURES
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
What's in the box
- Telescope OTA
- SLT Mount, Tripod & Handset
- StarPointer Finderscope
- 25mm & 9mm Eyepieces
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- The Sky Level 1 and NexStar Observers List
|OPTICAL DESIGN ||Maksutov-Cassegrain |
|WEIGHT ||16 lbs (7.3 kg) |
|APERTURE ||102mm (4.04″) |
|FOCAL LENGTH ||1325mm (52.16″) |
|FOCAL RATIO ||f/12 |
|FINDERSCOPE ||StarPointer RDF |
|MOUNT ||Motorized Altazimuth |
|EYEPIECE 1 ||25 mm (0.98 in) |
|MAGNIFICATION 1 ||53x |
|EYEPIECE 2 ||9 mm (0.35 in) |
|MAGNIFICATION 2 ||147x |
|STAR DIAGONAL ||1.25 |
|ACCESSORY TRAY ||No Tool, Quick release |
|TRIPOD ||Steel |
|CD ROM ||The Sky Level 1 and NexStar Observers List (v2.6.4c) |
|HIGHEST USEFUL MAGNIFICATION ||241x |
|LIMITING STELLAR MAGNITUDE ||12.5 |
|RESOLUTION (RAYLEIGH) ||1.37 arc seconds |
|RESOLUTION (DAWES) ||1.14 arc seconds |
|LIGHT GATHERING POWER ||212x |
|OPTICAL COATINGS ||Fully-Coated |
|COMPUTER HAND CONTROL ||Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable |
|SLEW SPEEDS ||Nine slew speeds: 4°/sec, 2°/sec, 1°/sec, .5°/sec, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x |
|TRACKING RATES ||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar |
|TRACKING MODES ||Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South |
|ALIGNMENT PROCEDURES ||SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align |
|DATABASE ||4,000 Object Database |
|GPS ||Optional CN-16 GPS Accessory |
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
NexStar SLT Series MAKs Manual (PDF)
Celestron Firmware Manager (CFM)
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Saturday, 28 August 2021 | Christopher
This has been my first scope and I have seen enough to have wanted to upgrade.
The optics are fine with great views of Jupiter and Saturn and some deep sky objects although the focusing is a bit coarse.
My main problem has been wobble.. plenty of practice and it is usable but you get vibration every time you move the scope, change a lens or touch the focus knob which takes a few seconds to dampen down.
Alignment takes some time to get used to and two named stars is probably the way to go.
So, a beginner scope and decent enough not to be a hobby killer.. but you are definitely going to need to move on if you get the bug.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.