About this product
Our BEST 12v / 5A Mains Power Supply!
A medical grade PSU that delivers smooth, dependable, low noise power. Even at sub-zero temperatures.
Regular power supplies with 12V nominal voltage are designed for indoor use, when used outside in the cold their voltage drops (at -10°C the voltage output may reduce to only 10.5 V). This reduction in voltage can cause a mount’s motors to behave erratically. Indeed most apparent faults with modern mounts can be traced to an inadequate power supply.
Suitable for use with most modern computerised GOTO mounts with power requirements up to 5 Amps, including the Skywatcher AZ-GOTO, AZ-GTi, HEQ5, NEQ6, and EQ8 (with optional adapter) and Celestron SLT, SE, Evolution, CGEM, CGEM DX, CGE Pro, CPC, CPC Deluxe, CGEM II, CGX and Advanced VX mounts.
Note this power supply has a fully enclosed plastic casing but should not be used in wet conditions.
Supplied with a 2m, 3-pin UK-type C13 plug.
Total cable length 2.9m.
- 12v DC output
- 5A Max current
- 60W Max rated power
- ø2.1 x ø5.5 x 12mm center positive DC jack
- 1m cable from PSU to DC jack
- Working temperature range -30 - +60 °C
- Universal AC input / Full range
- Voltage Range: 80-264VAC / 113-370VDC
- 3 pole AC inlet IEC320-C14
- High efficiency up to 91%
- Low leakage current < 100uA
- Short circuit, overload, over voltage and over temperature protection
- Fully enclosed plastic case
- Medical safety approved (MOPP level)
- Class 1 power (with earth pin)
- LED power indicator
- No load power consumtion < 0.1W
- ErP step2 compliant (level V)
- Meet EISA 2007 (Energy Independence and Security Act)
- 3 years warranty
|Average Rating (1 Review): |Lynx Astro 12v DC 5A Low Noise Power Supply
Sunday, 25 October 2020 | Elaine
FLO advised us to buy this to power the ASIair Pro and so far it works well. The ASIair pro does get a little hotter with this supply than another that we use with a different telescope but we are sure this will be a better supply when we add other peripheries such as dew heaters etc
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.