"I recommend this mount highly when used with its target payload, both as a regular GoTo computerised mount for use at home and (with an alternative lighter tripod) as a travel mount for imaging abroad." Astronomy Now. Full review (PDF)
"Tracking performance in the RA axis is greatly assisted by a 180-tooth gear wheel, (compared to 130-tooth in the EQ3). This enables smoother, consistent results and accurate Go-To capability, making it easier to find and photograph your target, or to hold it steadily in view while observing." BBC Sky at Night magazine. Full review (PDF)
About this product
Part Number: 20980
Latest version with a USB port on the motor control box.
Compatible with EQMOD using a Lynx Astro EQDIR adapter
The Sky-Watcher EQM-35 Pro Synscan Modular Equatorial Mount offers the versatility of two mounts in one! A regular Go-To equatorial mount and a lightweight photo imaging mount.
The mount head looks similar to the EQ3 Pro, but the EQM-35 Pro has much-improved features and performance. For example, the mount is equipped with a large 92.5 mm diameter RA worm wheel with 180 teeth for high precision tracking (compared to 130 teeth for the EQ3), and the strength of the rotary base has been increased. This results in greater stability, higher payload capacity and less vibration. The periodic error is also significantly improved.
In standard configuration mode with DEC and RA axes, you can use it as a regular Synscan™ equatorial mount with computerised Go-To and tracking in both axes with access to 42,900+ objects in the Synscan™ handset's database. The payload capacity for visual use is an impressive 10kg in this configuration.
For travelling, you can remove the DEC Axis with the heavy counterweight shaft and counterweights, reducing the instrument's weight considerably. In this configuration, you can use a simple 45mm dovetail plate with a tripod screw (not supplied) and fit your camera directly using a ball head (not supplied). Alternatively, a DSLR can be mounted to a Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer L-Bracket (not supplied). With the DEC axis removed, the mount only tracks in RA, and you can easily take photos. Now the mount works similarly to the Star Adventurer mount, but heavier duty.
The EQM-35 Pro SynScan is a conveniently sized mount with impressive features suitable for both novice & experienced astronomers alike for both visual and imaging use.
- Payload Capacity: Approx 7kg for imaging and 10kg for visual
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- High Precision Stepper Motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Resolution 0.28125 Arc Second
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- ST-4 type Autoguider Interface: Supports 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x 1x guiding rate
- Dual or Single Axis Tracking
- Tracking Rate: Lunar, Solar or Sidereal
- Synscan™ Hand Controller with 42,900+ Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Synscan Handset Firmware, upgradeable via internet download.
- Supplied with Polarscope
- Latitude Adjustment 15° to 65°
- R.A. Worm Gear 92.5mm Diameter, 180 Teeth
- DEC Worm Gear 34.3mm Diameter, 65 Teeth
- R.A. Worm Drive 25.5mm Diameter, Steel
- DEC Worm Drive 20mm Diameter, Steel
- Stabiliser Bar 20mm Diameter, Steel
- Counterweights supplied: 2 x 3.4kg
- Weight of Mount Head: 4.38kg (3.28 kg with DEC & Bar removed)
- 1.75" Diameter Stainless Steel Tripod & Accessory Tray, Weight 5.7kg
- Power Requirement DC12V 3A Tip Positive
|Average Rating (3 Reviews): |
27 October 2022 | Malcolm
I was surprised at how well put together this mount is. Not yet been able to use other than the initial setting up, everything appears to be great and i look forward to using once our wonderful weather improves. FLO were, as usual, fantastic žn both advising and supplying this item with their speedy and very professional manner.
Impressive for a entry level mount
06 January 2021 | James
I have been using this mount for 7 months now, and its delivered. I have used it to its max imaging capacity and it tracks and guides very well. I have nice round stars and had to drop very few frames due to tracking errors. I would say its the best mount for the ££. highly recommend it.
02 January 2021 | Stephen
It is easy to use, very accurate and tracks superbly. I think that is all that is needed from a goto tracking mount.
Oh I use it for visual and unguided imaging.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.