About this product
Part Number: AD052
Astro Essentials 1.25" #38A Dark Blue Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #38A Dark Blue Filter
- This filter rejects red and orange wavelengths.
- This makes it suitable for revealing subtle shading in Venus’ upper clouds.
- On Mars, it enhances the polar caps and dust storms, if present.
- Used on Jupiter it enhances the appearance of the redder belts and the Great Red Spot. Another bonus is when used on bright comets details in the ion tail are enhanced.
- The filter has a low light transmission so should only be used on larger telescopes.
- Wratten #38A Dark Blue Filter
- 1.25" Filter Size with M28.5x0.6 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.