About this product
Part Number: AF3ASKARFMA180
Introducing the Deep Sky Dad AF3 Auto Focuser kit for the Askar FMA180 Telescope.
Askar FMA180 Telescope is specifically designed for astrophotography. It features a Triplet air-spaced APO refractor, which includes two pieces of ED (extra-low dispersion) providing excellent correction of chromatic aberration. The high-quality optics producing a flatter image with striking clarity, and it is tested to ensure that it delivers high standards for astrophotography and observation.
The autofocusing motor rests on the special trolley, connected to the rails. This keeps autofocuser pulley in line with lens focusing ring and enables a balanced, compact solution.
The AF3 boasts a stealth drive feature to minimise noise and vibration. In addition to the smoother motion it also provides more accurate movement with micro stepping down to 1/256. The enclosure was also optimised for easier assembly but has retained backwards compatibility with existing Astro Dad adapters.
The AF3 is ASCOM/INDI compatible.
- ASCOM/INDI Supported
- INDIGO Supported
- The SKy X Pro X2 Focuser Plugin
- Custom Step Size
- Speed/Current Control
- Optional Hand Controller
- Optional Temperature Probe
- Settle Buffer Option
- Compact Design (44.5mmx48.5mmx50.2mm)
- Weight 170grams
Power adapter: 12V - 14V MAX (1A min) with 5.5mm x 2.1mm plug (not included)
Connectivity (not included): Mini USB cable OR Micro USB cable (2020)
What's in the box
- 1x AF3s unit, assembled (trolley, rails, compression rings)
- 1x 20T MXL pulley
- 1x 3D printed helical focuser compression MXL ring
- 1x 3D printed helical focuser compression MXL ring lid
- 1x 3D printed helical focuser compression MXL ring arm
- 1x MXL timing belt
- 2x 10mm M3 bolt (for 3D printed helical focuser compression ring)
- 6x 25mm M3 bolt (for attaching MXL ring lid)
- 2x 35mm M3 bolt (for attaching MXL ring arm)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.