About this product
Part Number: 1329215
The Series -5 rotator has a clear aperture of 5″ and is only 1.105″ thick. The rotator can travel 700 degrees between mechanical hardstops to prevent cord-wrap.
While designing the new DeltaRho 350 we also wanted to design a new focuser and rotator that would add even more flexibility to our systems. The goal was to create a faster, stronger, focuser and rotator system that had a thinner profile than the IRF90. Our new Series-5 stackable focuser and rotator have achieved just that for users of our CDK700 and smaller telescopes. Both the focuser and rotator offer a clear aperture of 5” and are designed to stack for users that require derotation. For those only needing focusing capabilities, the new focuser also occupies less backfocus, which means more room for imaging train components.
The Series-5 is compatible with the CDK14, CDK17, CDK20, CDK24, and the CDK700.
The Series-5 rotator requires the Series-5 Controller (600199).
Install PlaneWave Interface 3 Please also have the most recent ASCOM platform installed on your computer.
- The Series-5 rotator is a large capacity rotator for use with Alt/Az, or equatorially mounted systems.
- The rotator is capable of lifting 40 lbs (18 kg) with a travel range of 700 degrees between mechanical hardstops.
- The Series-5 rotator can be stacked with the Series-5 focuser for a complete focusing rotator solution (combined 2.78″ of occupied backfocus).
- Occupies only 1.105” of backfocus.
- Controlled via PWI3 software for autofocusing and optional field de-rotation (if using an Alt/Az mounted system).
- Requires the Series-5 Controller.
- Compatible with CDK700, CDK24, CDK20, CDK17, CDK14, DeltaRho 350, and CDK12.5.
- *Series-5 rotator shown stacked with the focuser is sold separately.
- Back Focus Occupied: 1.105"
- Rotates up to 700 Degrees between mechanical hard stops - (+ or – 350 degrees from the centre of travel)
- Speed: Up to 15 degrees a second
- Clear Aperture: 5"
- Weight Capacity" 40lbs
- Weight: 5.5lbs
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.