About this product
Part Number: 22088
The Celestron Nexstar 6 SLT is a computerized GoTo telescope with high quality, high contrast Schmidt-Cassegrain optics.
Celestron’s innovative NexStar Star Location Telescope (SLT) has been a customer favourite for years thanks to its unique combination of high quality optics, user-friendly computerized interface and a sturdy single fork arm mount.
This telescope comes with a preassembled, adjustable stainless steel tripod, quick release fork arm, NexStar+ computerized hand control, 6” Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube, and lots of bonus accessories.
The entire telescope kit weighs in at just 8.2kg. The simple, no-tool assembly and fast SkyAlign alignment procedure will have you ready to observe in minutes. This makes NexStar 6 SLT your perfect companion for impromptu observing sessions and all-night stargazing marathons alike.
Your NexStar 6 SLT will reveal details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, Jupiter and its four moons, and Saturn with its rings plainly visible. It can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope for daytime and wildlife observations.
Can be powered by 8 AA (user supplied) batteries or a suitable AC adapter or portable power-tank. This telescope loves to travel! The ergonomically designed hand control can be removed from its holder for remote use or left in situ for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object, or simply know if a desired object is visible in the sky.
Quick and Easy to Setup
Supplied with pre-assembled, adjustable stainless steel tripod and quick-release fork arm and optical-tube-assembly for quick and easy setup. No tools required!
Celestron’s Revolutionary SkyAlign
Using Celestron’s patented SkyAlign (patent pending), simply input the date, time and location into the hand control then slew the telescope to any three bright celestial objects in the sky. You do not need to know the names of the stars, you can even select the Moon or bright planets!
KEY ADVANTAGES OVER COMPETING TELESCOPES
- SkyAlign - the simplest, fastest & most beginner friendly alignment method available on any computerised telescope.
- Four additional alignments including 1 star align and solar system align
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories
- PC control software INCLUDED
- Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App.
- GPS module compatible
- User friendly StarPointer red-dot finderscope
- Compatible with Celestron’s NexRemote for advanced PC control
- Internal battery compartment - no external corded battery pack
- High quality 150mm Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Good for terrestrial and celestial observing
- Includes Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App
COMPUTERISED MOUNT FEATURES
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- NexStar+ Database contains over 120000 objects including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
Telescope Field of View Simulator
What's in the box
- Telescope OTA
- SLT Mount, Tripod & Handset
- StarPointer Finderscope
- 20mm & 9mm Eyepieces
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
|APERTURE||150 mm (6 in)|
|FOCAL LENGTH||1500 mm|
|MOUNT||Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm|
|EYEPIECE 1||20 mm|
|MAGNIFICATION 1||75 x|
|EYEPIECE 2||9 mm|
|MAGNIFICATION 2||167 x|
|ACCESSORY TRAY||No Tool, Quick release|
|CD ROM||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|HIGHEST USEFUL MAGNIFICATION||354x|
|LOWEST USEFUL MAGNIFICATION||21x|
|LIMITING STELLAR MAGNITUDE||13.4|
|RESOLUTION (RAYLEIGH)||0.93 arcsec|
|RESOLUTION (DAWES) ||0.77 arcsec|
|LIGHT GATHERING POWER||459 x|
|SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION||56mm|
|SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION by DIAMETER||37%|
|SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION by AREA||14%|
|OPTICAL COATINGS||Fully-Coated StarBright XLT|
|COMPUTER HAND CONTROL||Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable|
|SLEW SPEEDS||Nine slew speeds: 4°/sec, 2°/sec, 1°/sec, .5°/sec, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x |
|TRACKING RATES||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|TRACKING MODES||Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South|
|ALIGNMENT PROCEDURES||SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align|
|DATABASE||NexStar+ Database contains over 120000 objects|
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Celestron Firmware Manager (CFM)
|Average Rating (1 Review): |Great scope, very portable for maximum aperture
Sunday, 21 July 2019 | Stephane
I have purchased this telescope a couple of weeks ago and used it intensively for a couple of nights so I wanted to share my experience. The delivery was quick (I am in France) and everything was in good shape. Mounting and set up in the field is very quick and easy. I observe with other amateurs with equatorial mounts telescope and I am usually the first to finish. The Red Dot is not aligning very well for me but as you use it just for the initial alignment it is pretty easy to compensate.
The mount performs very well. Skyalign is done very quickly and from there you can go on a full tour and see a lot of objects. In my last session, I saw approximatively 45 objects in less than 2 hours with a nice night. The mount is light which is great for transport but indeed will wobble a bit when focusing. It will settle down after a few seconds and stays stable after. It might be a bit tricky when focusing but if you get the trick it is no big deal. Tracking is great and GOTO accuracy pretty good for such a light mount.
Visual quality is amazing for such a compact scope. Planets look great and many deep-sky objects can be seen. For some objects, my scope was outperforming a Skywatcher Newton F8, especially clusters and planets. Accessories are ok but recommend to upgrade the eyepieces as soon as possible. 25mm is fairly decent but the 9mm is a bit of a letdown.
Overall it is a great telescope package. It is very compact and lightweight making it a great combo for a very portable astronomy setup. Highly recommended.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.