About this product
Part Number: 91519-CGL
Now features dual saddle so accepts both Vixen-type & Losmandy-type mounting plates.
"The latest version of the of the AVX mount has a number of improvements over previous versions, including new motors with increased torque. These give improved tracking and provide more power to overcome slightly unbalanced setups. The mount also has larger base castings which provide greater stability when using heavier loads." Pete Lawrence writing for BBC Sky @ Night Magazine
The new Celestron Advanced VX mount is a completely re-engineered upgrade to the hugely successful Celestron CG5-GT mount.
Specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Features include permanent programmable periodic error correction, all star polar alignment, autoguider support and the ability to image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky.
Also features a new dual-saddle that accepts both Vixen-type and Losmandy-type mounting plates. Features
- Completely re-engineered from the ground up
- 40,000 object GOTO database
- 200 objects have enhanced information
- Provision for up to 100x user-defined objects
- Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) with integer gear ratios
- Autoguider port
- New motors for enhanced tracking performance
- Updated industrial design for durability and aesthetics
- Dual-saddle accepts Vixen-type and Losmandy-type mounting plates.
- Easy-grip oversize knobs
- Meridian sweep without motor interference
- Wider latitude range from 7°-77°
- Heavy duty tripod with 2” diameter steel legs
- Improved electronics to support future expansions
- Fast polar alignment on any star in the sky
- NexStar+ hand control
Celestron Adavanced VX Brochure pdf
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. What kind of saddle does the mount come with, Vixen or Losmandy?
The Celestron AVX mount has a dual saddle so accepts both Vixen-type and Losmandy-type mounting plates.