About this product
Part Number: SP10851
Please note BST StarGuider ED eyepieces are occasionally branded 'Astro Essentials'.
Remarkably high performance-per-£!
Features include two ED glass elements and fully multicoated edge-blackened optics for excellent colour, enhanced contrast, high light transmission and minimal ghosting.
The six-element / four-group design minimises field curvature for a nice flat field, even when used with telescope f-ratios as low as f5.
Modern twist-up eyecups, 16mm eye relief and 21mm diameter eye-lens makes them comfortable to use, even when wearing eyeglasses.
The tactile rubber grip and milled indentations make them easy to handle in the dark and the 1.25“ nosepiece includes a safety undercut so the eyepiece is less likely to slip out of the focuser. The 1.25” nosepiece is also threaded to accept 1.25“ astronomy filters.
- Two ED glass elements minimise chromatic aberration.
- All air-to-glass surfaces are fully multicoated for high contrast, high light transmission and minimal ghosting.
- Blackened lens edges reduce internal reflections and further increase contrast.
- Six-element / four-group design minimises field curvature for a nice flat field.
- 16mm eye relief (suitable for spectacle wearers).
- Large 21mm eye-lens diameter for comfortable observing.
- Convenient screw-out eye cups.
- Tactile rubber grip for easy handling in the dark.
- 1.25“ nosepiece with milled safety undercut.
- Accepts 1.25“ astronomy filters.
- Suitable for use with telescope focal-ratios f/5 and above.
Eyepiece Field of View Simulator
|Average Rating (3 Reviews): |
Thursday, 11 March 2021 | Paul
Excellent value for money. Well made and look and feel as though would cost more. Optically they are good. Overall I’m more than happy with this eyepiece and will be adding more to the kit.
Good service from FLO.
The best value for such money (as with all BST StarGuiders)
Tuesday, 19 January 2021 | Georgi
Great optical performance, great FOV, great eye-relief and all that at great price!
Keep in mind that this is short-focal eyepiece. These eyepieces are more demanding - they're more sensible to the flaws of your scope (optical quality of your scope, collimation condition and so on) and (providing more magnification) more sensible to the sky conditions.
Wednesday, 20 February 2019 | Costas
Good eyepiece and great service! x 110 magnification on my APM SA100 Bino with these 5mm , a brief testing on the moon was pleasant , but soon the clouds took over the skies
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. But aren't these the same as ........ ?
Probably... BST (BarSTa) Starguider ED eyepieces are available under a number of brands but we source them with their original factory name.
Q2. Are these noticably better than the 10 & 20mm eyepieces supplied with my telescope?