About this product
Part Number: SP10852
Please note BST StarGuider ED eyepieces are occasionally branded 'Astro Essentials'.
Remarkably high performance-per-£!
Features include two ED glass elements and fully multicoated edge-blackened optics for excellent colour, enhanced contrast, high light transmission and minimal ghosting.
The six-element / four-group design minimises field curvature for a nice flat field, even when used with telescope f-ratios as low as f5.
Modern twist-up eyecups, 16mm eye relief and 21mm diameter eye-lens makes them comfortable to use, even when wearing eyeglasses.
The tactile rubber grip and milled indentations make them easy to handle in the dark and the 1.25“ nosepiece includes a safety undercut so the eyepiece is less likely to slip out of the focuser. The 1.25” nosepiece is also threaded to accept 1.25“ astronomy filters.
- Two ED glass elements minimise chromatic aberration.
- All air-to-glass surfaces are fully multicoated for high contrast, high light transmission and minimal ghosting.
- Blackened lens edges reduce internal reflections and further increase contrast.
- Six-element / four-group design minimises field curvature for a nice flat field.
- 16mm eye relief (suitable for spectacle wearers).
- Large 21mm eye-lens diameter for comfortable observing.
- Convenient screw-out eye cups.
- Tactile rubber grip for easy handling in the dark.
- 1.25“ nosepiece with milled safety undercut.
- Accepts 1.25“ astronomy filters.
- Suitable for use with telescope focal-ratios f/5 and above.
Eyepiece Field of View Simulator
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |The best value for such money
Monday, 18 January 2021 | Georgi
Pretty sure there's no better eyepiece for this price-range.
It's optical quality, FOV (field of view) and ER (eye relief) are unbeatable in this price-range!
Friday, 17 April 2020 | Ian
I bought this to go with my new Sky-Watcher Skyliner 200P, as I didn't really like the supplied eyepieces. I was impressed with the quality and weight of the 8mm eyepiece, certainly not plasticky like the OEM ones. It gave some nice views of the phase of Venus, so a winner in my book. I will be buying more in this range!
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. But aren't these the same as ........ ?
Probably... BST (BarSTa) Starguider ED eyepieces are available under a number of brands but we source them with their original factory name.
Q2. Are these noticably better than the 10 & 20mm eyepieces supplied with my telescope?