INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- Telescope OTA
- SLT Mount, Tripod & Handset
- StarPointer Finderscope
- 25mm & 9mm Eyepieces
- The Sky Level 1 and NexStar Observers List
The Celestron 130 SLT includes a fully computerised GOTO hand control which enables you to automatically slew to any of it’s 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars.
View the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, polar ice caps on Mars, cloud belts on Jupiter or a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13), or Great Nebula in Orion (M42). Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130 SLT’s 5” primary mirror.
With its pre-assembled adjustable steel tripod the NexStar 130 SLT can be ready to use in a matter of minutes. The new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze.
"It is not possible for a single telescope to excel at allowing you to view all the many types of object in the night sky. That said, the Celestron NexStar 130SLT reflector telescope offers the best compromise between light-gathering power and magnification of any on test. At 130mm, its aperture is the widest in the group, while, with a medium focal length of 650mm, it is also fine for observing the planets. The NexStar comes with a brace of eyepieces: with the x26 one you will be able to study the larger deep-sky objects and star fields; its higher-magnification x62 eyepiece is ideal for gazing at the moon. The supplied GoTo motorised mount has access to a database of more than 4,000 celestial objects. All GoTo mounts need to be set up so that they know in which direction to point the telescope to find the objects you want to view: the one in this package uses the SkyAlign system, the simplest and most beginner-friendly alignment method available on any computerised telescope.
Verdict: A great telescope and mount combination for general night-sky observing, at an attractive price too." Steve Richards writing for the Sunday Times
KEY ADVANTAGES OVER COMPETING TELESCOPES
- NEXSTAR + handset
- Internal battery compartment - no external corded battery pack
- SkyQ Wifi link compatible
- SkyAlign - the simplest, fastest & most beginner friendly alignment method available on any computerised telescope.
- Four additional alignments including 1 star align and solar system align
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories (GPS module, SkyQ WiFi link)
- PC control software INCLUDED (NSOL disc)
- Sky Maps CD-ROM INCLUDED (The Sky disc)
- GPS module compatible
- User friendly StarPointer red-dot finderscope
- Compatible with Celestron’s NexRemote for advanced PC control
- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
- High quality 130mm reflector
- Fully computerized altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
COMPUTERISED MOUNT FEATURES
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer