About this product
Part Number: ES0021
The Shelyak UVEX is a cross Czerny-Turner spectrograph optimised for wavelengths from near UV (<400nm) to near IR (1µm).
UVEX is a cross Czerny-Turner spectrograph optimized for wavelengths from near UV (<400nm) to near IR (1µm).
We recommend to use an ASI 183MM Pro camera with the UVEX spectrograph
The UVEX is particularly well suited for use on Ritchey-Chretien type telescopes with a diameter up to 12 or 14 inches (at F/8)
The settings are precise and easily accessible:
- A multi-turn knob adjusts the focus of the M2 internal mirror precisely.
- An index os used to adjust the wavelength centre of the spectrum on the camera sensor. A vernier (available for each type of grating) makes it possible to precisely position the grating at the desired wavelength.
The UVEX is delivered with a 600 gr/mm grating rated at 500nm as well as an adapter ring for ZWO cameras (others rings for QHY and ATIK cameras are also available).
The spectrograph slit has 5 positions that can be easily changed using a Phillips screwdriver (supplied with the UVEX). The slit position are for 25 µm, 50 µm, 100µm, 300 µm and a hole of 25µm. Other slits are available as an option and Alpy slits are compatible with UVEX.
A carrying case shockproof is delivered with the UVEX. It has pre-cut locations to safely transport the spectrograph with its camera as well as various accessories (additional networks, order filter, tools, etc..)
UVEX Technical Brochure
UVEX User Manual
Vernier Board for all Gratings
Article About First Light of UVEX
What's in the box
- A 600 gr/mm grating blazed at 500nm
- A tool kit including a Phillips screwdriver, a hexagonal screwdriver (2mm), hexagonal wrenchs (1.5, 2.5 and 3mm)
- A bag of spare screws as well as 4 screws for fixing the autoguiding module on the UVEX.
- An adapter ring for ZWO cameras
- A cardboard sheet of the various verniers printed.
- A plastic vernier for the 600 gr/mm grating.
- A rigid carrying case
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.