The new Skywatcher Explorer-200P DS has the same superb parabolic primary mirror as the Explorer-200P but features a 1.25"/2" Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser for enhanced focus control and a shorter tube length with the secondary mirror positioned closer to the primary mirror for more convenient prime-focus photography.
Parabolic Primary Mirror
All Skywatcher f/5 (‘fast’) Newtonian Reflectors and Dobsonian models feature high-quality parabolic primary mirrors to eliminate spherical aberrations inherent in ‘fast’ focal length reflector. The mirrors are parabolized to bring all the light rays to the same focal point to give sharp, contrasty images.
Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
All Sky-Watcher f/5 Newtonian Reflectors feature 0.5mm ultra-thin secondary mirror supports to reduce diffraction spikes and loss of contrast.
Explorer 200P-DS Specification
- 200mm Parabolic Primary Mirror
- Telescope Focal Length 1000mm (f/5)
- 1.25"/2” Dual-Speed 10:1 Crayford Focuser
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 77% more Light-Gathering than 150mm
- Eyepiece Supplied 2" 28mm long-eye-relief
- Magnification (with eyepiece supplied) x36
- Highest Practical Power (Potential) x400
- 9x50 Finderscope
- HEQ5 PRO SynScan Super Heavy-Duty Computerised GOTO Equatorial Mount (Requires 12 volt DC Power Supply)
- Built-in Dual-Axis Stepper Motors
- Built-in Polar Alignment Scope Holder
- 1.75" Stainless Steel Pipe Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 77% more Light Gathering than 150mm
The Sky-Watcher HEQ5 PRO SynScan mount's user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 13,400 objects. The mount also includes features that advanced astronomers and imagers can appreciate.
HEQ5 PRO Specification
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.